International exhibition of ex-libris, Beijing FISAE Congress 2008
As you are a well-known bookplate designer, we invite you to participate in the Congress exhibition. The rules are as follows:
- no limitation on the theme of the bookplate, although an Olympic theme is preferred;
- three examples of each work are required, and each artist should submit from three to five different bookplates;
- works should be sent between 1 February and 30 April 2008 by registered post or courier [for address: see below)
- prizes: one Gold Prize (¥10,000); three Silver Prizes (¥5,000); five Bronze Prizes (¥3,000); and twenty to thirty Certificate of Honorable Mention.
All winners will be eligible to be invited to Beijing for a personal or combined exhibition during 2009, the cost of which (including travel and hotels) will be covered by the Organizing Committee. Details will be discussed with the winners.
All artists whose work is selected for inclusion in the exhibition will be awarded a Certificate and a Congress publication.
Bookplates submitted for the exhibition must comply with the following requirements:
- the words “Ex Libris” and the name of the artist should be clearly designated;
- the technique, total number of prints, series number, artist’s name, year, full address, telephone number, and e-mail address should be clearly marked on the back of each bookplate in pencil;
- the size of the printed area should not exceed 18x18 cm.;
- a printed CV and passport-size photo of the artist should accompany the submission;
- the bookplates shall be sent by registered air mail or courier well packaged;
- no art work will be returned; the Organization Committee will retain the non-exclusive right to publish all works submitted at its discretion;
- all work shall be posted to: Mr. Fangjun ZHAO, Room South-101, No. 11, West 4th Ring North Road (Xi Si Huan Bei Lu), Beijing 100097, China
Contact details: Phone: (8610) 88487649
Fax: (8610) 88487649